Since wood is a naturally occurring resource, which can even be reforested, hardwood floors may also be a quality ecological choice. With its “timeless appeal”, aesthetic beauty and it’s grown in popularity, many of us are reconsidering to invest in the floors of our homes.
Why you should consider hardwood flooring? Are there any benefits?
- Good quality wood floors last for decades, whereas many people find themselves replacing carpets every 5 years due to stains, holes etc. from everyday wear and tear.
- Wood floors are easy to clean than carpets, specially if you are living with dogs and children..and we all know what are we talking about.
- Wood floors are more hygienic than carpets. Particular relevant to cat and dog owners.
- Wood provides a great medium to install under floor heating, one of the most effective ways to heat your house.
- One very important advantages of hardwood flooring is the “timeless appeal” that wood has. This appeal has lasted for centuries and now, its more popular than ever.
- Modern production methods and its popularity means that some types of flooring can be produced cheaply making wood floors available to all budgets.
- It’s a great investment as adds value to your home. Estate agents state that houses with wood floors sells twice as easily compared to houses with other floor finishes.
So, it may cost a little more up front, but in the long run they are vastly more benefits by owning a wooden floor home. As we mention, not only affects your family health, affects your time, the aesthetics and the value of your home.